RENEWAL Devotional: Happy Mother’s Day
Written by Lydia D’Ross, Ordained Minister and Outreach Chaplain for RENEWAL at Brookhaven Hospital
“As apostles of Christ we could have been a burden to you, but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:7
Here are some Mother’s Day historical quotes as we celebrate our Mothers or those special individuals who have been like a mom to us.
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving
- “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- ” I looked at this tiny, perfect creature and it was as though a light switch had been turned on. A great rush of love flooded out of me.” -Madeleine L’Engle
- “Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.” – Aristotle
- “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” – George Washington
What is your favorite mother’s day quote? Brookhaven Hospital wishes all mother’s and mother’s to be, a very Happy Mother’s Day!