A New Approach to Treating Eating Disorders
Treatments for eating disorders are becoming more advanced. New psychotropic medications accompanied by cognitive therapy geared specifically to body-image enhancement are some of the treatments that are proving to be successful when combating the disease. Brookhaven is committed to being on the forefront of eating disorder innovations in treatment.
Pastors, Chaplains and church professionals are welcome to join us, December 14th 2006, as Chisso Chio MD, provides information on:
1. The 3 major types of eating disorders.
2. Diagnostic criteria for each type of eating disorder.
3. Healthy weight based upon sex and height, and body mass index.
4. Differential diagnosis of Anorexia Nervosa.
5. Differential diagnosis of Bulimia Nervosa.
6. Psychological consequences of eating disorders.
7. Bio-psychosocial etiology of eating disorders.
8. Medical consequences of Anorexia Nervosa.
9. Medical consequences of Bulimia Nervosa.
10. Medical consequences of Binge Eating Disorder.
11. Medical consequences of Morbid Obesity.
12. Treatment approaches for eating disorders.
13. Appropriate use of psychotropic medications.
14. The role of 12 step programs in the treatment of patients with eating disorders.